Friday, April 9, 2010

Odyssey of the Green Machine

So...



This was Easter morning. Broke down in front of Buck Hill. Trailered it back to Bruce's.



Took it apart and the front piston was cracked. The rings were totally cracked and loose too.



No worries, parts are on the way.

Also found the source of all that exhaust smoke...



When I looked in the rear cylinder the wall was scored up in a deep U-shape. Turns out one of the wrist pin circlips had come loose and so the wrist pin was rubbing against the side wall. Prolly have to go with a new jug for that since it's already bored 20 over.

2 comments:

  1. Oh shit!!!!!! I blame Shane.. Man that sucks.. Glad your ok..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, no worries. I don't care so much about whose fault it was, or what happened in the past. As far as I'm concerned this bike is new beginning with me. Besides, the motor is older than I am. It's all part of the charm of riding and wrenching on vintage iron.

    ReplyDelete