I looked at this thing and saw that I haven't posted all summer. Thanks to anyone who still checks in now and again.
I finally got this sketchy POS running.
It was a really long slog all spring and early summer. I almost forgot how much I liked cruising on it. Basically, every time I got deeper into the case there was something else that needed replacing. The cracked collar on this sprocket shaft is a good example of the types of surprises I'd find.
Plus, a couple times I ordered a part and got the wrong thing. Once it was all back together I had to ride it pretty slow for 500 miles. That was a huge pain in the ass 'cause I had to take back roads everywhere. Anyway, I redid the wiring and got it all good (just in time to go back into storage for the winter, lol!). I'm starting to believe what they say about green bikes being bad luck. I may paint it if I can afford to while it's in storage.